You must take all reasonable precautions to keep safe and prevent any fraudulent use of internet browsers.
To Avoid Fraud and/or Scams
- Don't send money to someone you don't know!
- Don't agree to deposit a check and then wire funds!
- Don't reply to unsolicited email messages asking for personal or financial information!
- Don't give out your account number or your password!
- Don't let someone you don't know have remote access to your computer!
- CONTACT BANK IMMEDIATELY IF YOU SUSPECT THAT YOU ARE A VICTIM!!
To enjoy a secure experience, the following Safety Tips for iBanking are being offered:
- Keep your password confidential: The password acts like a key to your web bank account. Sharing the password means that crooks can also access your online account. In addition, make your password as impersonal as possible. Use a strong password on your device, it is also advisable to keep changing your password every four months. In addition, do not store your password in the computer
- Beware of questionable emails: Crooks may also send you emails asking for your personal information such as a password or pin. As we noted earlier, as time goes by, they get smarter and smarter. They have designed fake bank logos and use them when sending you an email, you may be easily lured to give personal information. You can detect fake emails from these crooks because their emails usually direct you to questionable internet sites. In addition, you will notice that they do not address you as you are used to being called by your bank.
- If you discover you did submit private detail to these con artists, inform your web bank immediately: Make sure you give your bank your current contact information so that they can get in touch with you with any questions or any other matters that require your attention.
- Ensure you have strong computer expertise to improve the safety of your personal information: Otherwise, avoid shared computers.
- If you notice that some money is missing in your internet bank account, notify the bank immediately: The more time that passes the more money can be stolen from you.
- Roles and Responsibilities:
- Read the transaction details in the SMS or email alerts carefully. Validate that the messages reflect your actual transaction requests. For example, check that the account number is correct.
- Check your last login and transaction history regularly for any abnormal transaction and notify us immediately at 023 999 010, if you notice unknown transactions appearing on your account.
- Protect your computer from being infected by using anti-virus software and updating it with the latest anti-virus signature. Update your web browser to the latest available patches and install the latest software updates on your devices.
- Keep your PIN and user ID confidential at all times.
- Never leave your session unattended and log off your online session after use.
- Update us immediately when you change your contact details.
- Do not intentionally disclose your personal information to suspected websites.
- Ensure that you read and follow the instructions carefully before using your SMS OTP.